Sunday 27 April 2014

Maybelline Mega Plush Deep Velvets Mascara Review


Hi my loves! Today's review is going to be a on a new & fun coloured mascara from Maybelline called "Mega Plush Deep Velvets". I got it in the shade 'purple velvet' because I LOVE purple! There is also a navy & green colour in the collection as well! I purchased it for $7.99 CAD but I have seen sales on it for $1-2 less.


The formulation is pretty much the same as the original Mega Plush Mascara (gel-mousse) & the claims are identical as well except for the colour part of course!


Still has the awesome flexor-brush to really grab every lash. The packaging of the mascara is exactly the same as the original except the lettering is in a darker shade.


Has a full bristled brush.


This is with 3 coats of mascara.


I loved how to purple pigments in the mascara was a jewel-toned purple. I find that it tends to show up better on my dark lashes!


Overall, I liked this mascara because it was very buildable, seperated lashes nicely, volumizing, no flaking during the day, good colour payoff, lashes felt very soft & by the end of the day it was very easy to remove. The only thing that would have made this mascara perfect is if it came in a waterproof version (to hold my curl).


I definitely think Maybelline Mega Plush Deep Velvets Mascara is a great pick if you are wanting to have a little fun with your daily mascara routine! The colour isn't too noticeable from afar but when your up close, I love how this mascara gives your lashes that unexpected pop of colour! Especially when your outside in the sun your lashes look even more colourful & vibrant!!


I hope you enjoy the review & found it helpful. Let me know if you have tried it or spotted it at the drugstores :)

Love, Linda


Watch the full review video here:

No comments:

Post a Comment