Tuesday 9 December 2014

Rimmel Wonder'Lash Mascara Review


Hi Loves! I was pleasantly surprised when I saw that Rimmel had came out with their new "Wonder' Lash Mascara" because it has argan oil in it! It's not everyday that you see a drugstore mascara like that. Being the mascara lover that I am, I had to pick this up! I got mine for $8.49 CAD at my local Superstore.


Here are some pics with all the claims of this mascara!




The packaging is a shiny copper/bronze geometrical tube. Very nice, simple yet eye catching!



The brush is one of those flexible ones with short plastic bristles at the edges & longer ones in the center. I did find it a bit difficult to really grab the inner & outer lashes with the large brush/minimal bristles at the tip. Formula of this mascara is a dry one but more towards the wet/dry side of the scale. There is a very organic smell to this mascara because of the argan oil in it!


So what do I think of this Rimmel's New Wonder'Lash Mascara?? I think it is an okay mascara, I say pass on it if you see it in the drugstores. 

This mascara left my lashes looking super soft & natural with just the slightest length added to it. It did a good job at separating my lashes as well but added no volume. Since this is the non waterproof version, it did wilt my lashes down the moment I applied the 2nd coat. Also, there were no clumps in sight- even at 3 coats of mascara. It did not flake on me all day but it did smudge a bit on my lower eyes. When I felt my lashes after applying, they really did feel feathery soft! When it was time to take this mascara off, it came off effortlessly with just a bit of warm water or some eye make up remover.

For my wimpy, lashes I need more drama in a mascara & this one did not deliver. I like my lashes to have more volume, hold it's curl (although this mascara was the non waterproof version) and overall look more dramatic.

If you are looking for a mascara that gives a super natural look to your lashes than this mascara is probably for you but for me it just wasn't one that I was happy about.

I hope this review was helpful to you & thank you so much for reading!

Love, Linda

Watch my full review video here:


No comments:

Post a Comment