Friday 4 April 2014

Foodie Friday: Basho Cafe


The moment you enter Basho Cafe, you get such a warm, inviting & happy feeling inside! This place is operated by the sweetest Japanese family & you can definitely feel the love that they have for their cafe by the food & welcoming atmosphere of it. I adore everything about this place- the big bright windows, cute knitted details, wooden accents, & pops of happy colors!


Cutest display case full of their baked goodies, mostly matcha/green tea sweets & you guys all know how obsessed I am so this place is truly heaven for me!



Green Tea Mochi & Milk Mochi W/ Red Bean



I got the afternoon set which comes with a matcha latte & 3 different types of sweets: Kabocha Muffin (top on tray), Sesame Cocoa Cookie (right) & Matcha White Chocolate Cookie (bottom). The sweets were all very petite & cute- a 2 biter size! ^___^


How gorgeous is the art in the latte?! I didn't even want to drink it- but I did & it was delightful! Think milky, rich matcha taste- not too sweet & not too bitter.



Honestly, there is nothing like Basho in Vancouver & it is truly a gem in the city! If you are a green tea/matcha lover like I am, you must check this place out- it'll make you so frigging happy!!

Have an amazing weekend!

Love, Linda



2007 East Hastings
Vancouver BC
(604) 428-6276




No comments:

Post a Comment