Monday 30 June 2014

Manicure Monday: Sally Hansen Color Foil Sterling Silver


Happy Monday Cuteys! Today's Mani Monday is a new one from Sally Hansen's Color Foil collection in the shade "Sterling Silver". Ooh lala! Let's check it out below!


The color foil collection is full of beautiful metallic finish nail polishes. Metallic nails are super on trend right now so if you wanna rock them than this polish is the perfect way to do so! "Sterling Silver" is a bright silver chrome metallic shade- perfect name for it & stunningly gorgeous.


For all the polishes in the collection, the disclaimer was to not apply base coat or top coat as this would alter the reflective/metallic finish of it. So I followed the rules & did exactly that. I applied 2 coats for the look above but 1 coat would have been okay as well. As the disclaimer suggested not to apply a top coat, I applied 2 to smooth out the polish. With chrome/metallic finishes they tend to show every flaw on your nails, plus the fact that there is no top coat to hide that. The end result did show some brush strokes on my nails but with the metallic finish it had, it didn't really bother me because it added more of an effect to the polish rather than a flaw. Ooh and another note with this polish is that it says "shake well before use" because it's a mix of colors inside & if you want to get the color perfectly even get ready for a arm workout! Hehe just keeding! Shake, shake, shake & your good to go!


The formula of this polish was an absolute joy to work with! It went on very smoothly & easily and the brush itself was perfect to apply the polish quickly and effectively. Another note I wanted to share with you all was that this polish dried so friggin' fast!! I absolutely haaate waiting for my nails to dry so this was a pleasant surprise! 


Did you notice that the packaging of the nail polish matches my nails? Love that! I've seen the metallic nail polish trend when I was in Asia a few years back and I am so happy that it has now arrived in Canada! When I have Sally Hansen's Sterling Silver Color Foil nail polish on, I instantly feel more glam but in a very cool modern way! Have you tried the metallic polish trend yet??

Have an amazing week ahead & have a great Canada Day celebration my loves!! Mmuah.

Love, Linda




No comments:

Post a Comment