Friday 12 September 2014

Foodie Friday: Afghan Chopan


Happy Friday! It was my 1st time dining at a Afghan restaurant so today's Foodie Friday is an exciting one! Let's go to Afghan Chopan below!!


When you enter the restaurant, it immediately feels super authentic inside. There are booths, tables or a stage like floor seating. Of course, I wanted the real deal experience so I went for the floor seating. There were big plush pillows to add comfort to sitting on the floor so I loved that!


Have to remove your shoes first!


The walls at Afghan Chopan was filled with very intricate and detailed carpets & paintings.


For drinks, my family & I ordered "Dough", which is a yogurt drink filled with cucumber, mint & salt- which gave it that salty taste at the end of each sip!


Definitely a very unique drink. I would recommend you drinking this during the meal if you are not wanting it to taste super salty just by itself.


My family & I ordered the "Chef's Special Combo" which serves 6-8. We chose "Mantu" as our appetizers. THIS STUFF IS SO GOOD!! Like a burrito good! Mantu is a steamed dumpling filled with fresh ground beef, onions & spices and topped with a variety of sauces. 


Fresh baked naan & 3 vegetable dishes: spinach, chickpeas & eggplant. All had delicious flavour & went perfectly dipped or wrapped with the naan bread.



When the meat platter arrived, I was shocked at how HUGE this thing was! The variety consisted of, tekka kababs (beef tenderloin), chicken kebabs, shami kebabs (ground beef), chopan kebabs (lamb) & chaplee kebabs (round pieces of marinated ground beef). Also, in the center was a pile of salad! All the meats were so yummy & tasty!


2 chutney sauces: mint jalapeno & yogurt. Super delicious with the meats & naan bread.


Finally, we also got a big plateful of long grain rice that was filled with carrots & raisins. The raisins gave a sweetness to the entire meal, which I really liked!

My family & I were completely stuffed by the end of the meal. I can finally say that I have had Afghan food & I HIGHLY RECOMMEND everyone to try it!! It is so good & I am craving it again as I am writing this post hehe.

Thank you so much for reading, have a wonderful weekend loves!

Love, Linda



Afghan Chopan
12888 80th Ave.
Surrey, BC
(604) 543-2385



No comments:

Post a Comment