Monday 8 September 2014

NYX Butter Lipstick & Chunky Dunk Hydrating Lippie Review


Hi Loves! I hope you are having a wonderful day so far! Today's review is on NYX's Butter Lipstick & Chunky Dunk Hydrating Lippie. Recently, Canada finally received most of NYX cosmetics new products & I always wanted to try these 2 lippies so let's see what I think below!


Swatches, 3 layers each. 
Top: NYX Butter Lipstick in Candy Buttons
Bottom: NYX Chunky Dunk in Rum Punch

Purchased from London Drugs for $8.99 each.


I picked up "Candy Buttons" in the butter lipstick range because of it's cute candy pink-peach shade. The packaging of these lipsticks feel quite cheap in my opinion, light weight & made out of plastic. The lipstick package itself had a colorful outside, that matched the lipstick shade perfectly- love that! Also, the package is clear in the center so you can see the lipstick clearly. 


NYX Butter Lipsticks retract up & down very smoothly. What I love most about these lippies is the angle of the top of the lipstick. As you can see, it isn't a straight diagonal line, it does have some curve to it. I find that it fits perfectly on the shape of my lips! Also, the point of the lipstick allows easy application on the outer corners of my lips.


 This lipstick does have the slightest sweet scent to it but does not have any taste. When applied to the lips, it went on very patchy (not too sure if it is just this shade) & was not very pigmented with 1 swipe. If you want full opacity/pigmentation, I recommend you apply 2-3 layers. Like I mentioned earlier, it did apply quite patchy & it caught on my dry areas of my lips as well. The texture felt very lightweight on my lips but it felt almost greasy, like a slippery lip balm. It wore like a regular lipstick, about 2-3 hours & came right off when eating or drinking. After wiping it off with a napkin, there was no stains left on my lips. It did feel very hydrating & moisturizing on my lips throughout the day.


Next up, I picked up NYX's Chunky Dunk (cute name!) in "Rum Punch". It is a berry-wine shade & I thought it would be perfect for Fall! It seems like almost every single drugstore brand has a crayon type lippie & NYX is one of them! I still got excited when I saw these though hehe. 

The plastic packaging is the color of the lippie inside & it comes with a clear cap. The crayon is retractable, so no sharpening is required.


There is no scent or smell to this lippie. When applied, it went on very smootly & evenly. Definitely sheer at first but builds to full opacity with 3 layers. It has a slight sheen/glossy finish to it. NYX's chunky dunk did leave my lips feeling moisturized but with the 3 layers, my lips immediately felt very heavy and uncomfortable. The texture did not feel light weight, it felt like something was on my lips- almost waxy. The lippie wore for about 2-3 hours, just a tad bit longer than the butter lipstick & left no stains on my lips.


Overall, I was quite disappointed with the NYX Butter Lipsticks & Chunky Dunk Hydrating Lippie. I definitely think the Butter Glosses & other NYX lipsticks (round lipsticks) are better quality. I probably won't be repurchasing these lippies.

I hope this review was helpful to you & let me know your experience with these lipsticks. Hope you have an amazing day and thank you so much for reading!

Love, Linda


Watch my full review video here:



No comments:

Post a Comment