Thursday 18 September 2014

NEW Rimmel Scandaleyes Rockin' Curves Mascara Review


Hi Loves! You guys all probably know by now that I am OBSESSED with mascaras. I was quite intrigued when I saw the "broken heart brush" on this mascara so I had to try & review it for you all!


I purchased mine for $4.99 CAD at Superstore.




The bottom half of the mascara tube has a very unique snakeskin texture feel & is quite chunky. Definitely gives it that rocker-cool factor!




The brush is a broken heart or "s-shape" type & it has hard bristles w/ a bendy metal center (if you wanted to twist the shape a bit). The formula is in between a wet & dry.


When I first tried this mascara, I really had to get use to the shape of it. Shortly after using it a few times, I quickly discovered the best way to use it. Basically, if you want a non-clumpy finish than use the almond side of the brush against your eyes. I find that it fits perfectly to your eye shape much better than using the other side. 

So what do I think of this mascara?? It was a pretty average, okay one! Yes, the pointed tip made it easier to apply to the inner corners of the eyes & hard to reach lashes. It did provide a good amount of volume but not something for me to get excited about. Using it properly, my lashes separated nicely & no clumps. This mascara didn't give me any length to my lashes or hold my curl. However, it did not flake on me (did smudge a bit on lower lashes) & was a breeze to remove at the end of the day. 

Overall, I don't think it's a mascara you need to run out & buy but if your interested in unique & new mascaras than go for it!

I hope this review was helpful to you. As always, thank you so much for reading!

Love, Linda


Watch my full review + demo here:

No comments:

Post a Comment