Thursday 19 February 2015

NURSERY TOUR!


Hi Loves! So as you all know I am pregnant (currently 30 weeks, ahhh only 10 more weeks until I give birth) & since I've been sharing with you guys my pregnancy journey (on DafyneMeBella's YouTube channel & my Vlog channel) I thought it would be only appropriate to share with you all Caris' nursery!

My husband, Allan & I have been working on it for about a month & a half and we couldn't be happier with how it turned out. Our daughter Caris is one lucky baby girl, if I do say so myself. ^___^

Now... it is finally time to reveal the nursery!


We started off with a small sized room, it is 9x11 ft. Right from the beginning, we knew that we had to be very selective with the size of each furniture & decor piece. Allan & I didn't mind though since this room was a blank canvas when we first started. Trust me though, at times it was definitely challenging (a lot of purchasing & returning haha) but once we had a few key pieces in the nursery (crib, chair & changing table) everything else fell into place right after.



Our vision for Caris' nursery was to keep it soft & neutral with just a hint of subtle colors- nothing too dramatic. We wanted the overall feel of the room to be peaceful, fresh, relaxing, calm, pure & cozy.


I adore these elegant paper flowers, they pop out from the wall and adds dimension & cheer to her room.



When we saw this jumbo lamp, it was love at first sight. It was so "over sized" that it added character and a certain uniqueness to our small room. 



I love this IKEA EKTORP chair! I know I will be spending a lot of time in this chair, breast feeding, burping, & bonding with my baby so it was very important that it was comfortable.




By adding different textures of shades of cream & white with subtle hints of silver, we made the nursery feel cozy and modern.


When I think of a baby's nursery, I always imagine incorporating some sort of animal prints in it. There is something so sweet and cute about it. When I randomly searched for some on Etsy, I could not take my eyes off these ones from Daisy & Bump. They looked so soft & effortless but at the same time had just a subtle wash of color, plus they are just so adorable!! I had to have them in Caris' nursery.


Allan & I had so much fun putting everything together for our baby daughter's nursery. I will never forget this memorable time in our lives & this whole process of getting her room ready has made us closer than we were already. It was so rewarding just to stand back and look at how we accomplished her entire room from bare walls into a beautiful nursery. It's crazy how we took 1.5 months of preparing a room only to welcome a permanent, very special guest that will be arriving in only a few months time! 


Now, I can relax & enjoy the rest of my pregnancy hehe.

I hope you enjoyed this nursery tour & thank you so much for being on this pregnancy journey with me!

Love, Linda


Watch the full nursery tour here:


Items mentioned:
Storkcraft The Carrara 4 in 1 Fixed Side Convertible Crib, white
American baby crib bumper, pink
American baby bed skirt, white
Babies R Us 2-Pack Sateen Crib Sheet, Pink & White Dots
Pottery barn kids, Crepe Paper Flower Decor Set
Chanel camellia flowers
Home sense jumbo lamp
Home sense white quilted ottoman 
Home sense side table, polished silver
Home sense antique mirrored picture frame
Old navy baby sneakers, navy blue
Old navy baby moccasins, gold
IKEA Ektorp Armchair, Blekinge white
Home sense throw blanket
Chapters indigo canvas live laugh love pillow
Chapters indigo bashful bunny, beige
IKEA ribba frame 11 ¾x15 ¾ ", white
Etsy Daisy & Bump, safari animal prints
Munchkin changing pad & changing pad cover
Bella casa decor mirror table
IKEA KVARNVIK Box with lid 32x35x30 cm, white
Chapters indigo wall letter "C", silver




No comments:

Post a Comment