Friday 11 July 2014

Foodie Friday: Tap & Barrel


Happy Friday cuteys! Today for our foodie adventure we are off to Tap & Barrel. As some of you may know, my all time favourite view in Vancouver is of False Creek Science World & this place will give you just that. You definitely cannot miss it with the beautiful outdoor patio seating & big red umbrellas!


Local & comfort food, yes please!!


There are 2 floors in Tap & Barrel full of bar seats, tv screens, outdoor patio seating & beautiful bright windows.



I dined upstairs & it was sprinkling out when I was there so no patio for me! Next time for sure though. I love how their decor is big beer barrels, very eye catching & cool!



Loving the mason jars as mugs, very in!


Brunch time is on until 2 pm there so that is exactly what we had! To start we ordered the oh so famous, deep fried pickles. They were perfectly fried & had a great crunch and taste, so yummy! The dip was a sour cream & dill, perfect combo.


I had the Quebec Street Poutine Benny which was soooo good! Definitely very different than most poutines. The fries were delicious by itself but to add even more greatness, it was topped with pulled pork, cheese, 2 perfectly poached eggs (when you poke into them the yolk just gushes out onto the fries, mmm), hollandaise sauce & a delicious red wine and onion gravy sauce. All of those contents all in one bite is truly comfort food at it's finest. Loved it!


Hubby ordered the Tavern Brunch Burger. I had a bite & oh my goodness! The meat in the burger was soooo good, you can definitely taste the quality in it.


Look at that egg yolk go! I will definitely come back to Tap & Barrel to try their dinner menu. I love that after your meal you can walk right out of the restaurant to a beautiful view of False Creak, how fun and even romantic!!

Thank you so much for reading & I hope your weekend is filled with delicious food & fun!

Love, Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment